Computer virus removal in Northampton
If you suspect that you have a virus then you should stop using your PC immediately. Some viruses look for details of Internet Banking on your machine and can send the information including account passwords to servers all over the world.
Always be careful what websites you visit, and never allow a website to automatically install something on your machine that you did not ask it to.
The internet is an amazing place, but there are malicious and unscrupulous people out there who will try to take advantage of an unsecure network connection.
To help prevent viruses:
- Run Windows Update once a week to ensure any security patches are installed as soon as vunerablities are discovered.
- Always have an anti-virus program running
- Regularly clear your internet history
- Be very careful what websites you visit and links that you click
- Always read messages that pop up and be aware of websites that are asking for permission to make changes to your machine
- Always be wary of emails requesting that you enter account and/or password information. A genuine email from a Bank will never ask you to do this. If you’re unsure, open a new internet browsing window and type in your banks website address manually.
If you suspect that your PC may be infected then give me a call.
Click here to contact PC Repair Northampton.